Thursday, March 05, 2009

One Day Away

Just over 24 hours away from embarking on our journey to Liberia. I doubled checked my list and I think I am set. I am all packed. And belive it or not I actually have some space to spare. That never happens. Course going minimalistic I am only taking the bare essentials.

Saturday is going to be quite a day. First we leave for LAX at 3AM for a 6AM flight. Then we should touch down in Washington DC with a four hour layover. After that we head to Brussels where we have an eight hour layover (yes I said eight). Then on to Monrovia where I believe we're suppose to arrive in the 10PM Monday, and crash at a guest house. Then the final leg is a 7 hour car drive into the jungle on a completely neglected road. Figured this would be the perfect time finally sit down and read Brothers K. I just hope I don't get too stir crazy in those two days.

Here are some before photos of the library. Hopefully I can take some more once we get to the school.





No comments: