Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ramping Up

In little over a week I will be boarding a plane for the long trip to Liberia, and all of a sudden I have a sudden rush of concern, "Am I ready?" Have I thought through everything I need for this trip? Heck no! Course being how this is my first real experience doing a trip like this I am not sure there is a way to truly prepare for an adventure like this, no matter how much you talk through it with others.

Am I excited? Definitely. But part of me wonders what am I doing going on a trip like this. Traveling thousands of miles to a very remote jungle to rebuild a library in a country I know nothing about (other than it was founded by freed American slaves.) Wondering how am I going to solve the IT issues for this building, since I am not an IT guy.

But then I realize how this whole process has been an incredible blessing. How six months ago Heidi's grandpa first brought up the idea of raising the money for rebuilding a library for the college in honor of Heidi's grandma. How all the funds came in, and then some, in the midst of a worldwide economic collapse. How originally I wasn't going to be able to go because of timing, and now I am. It has helped reinforce in me that God is truly sovereign, and He allows us to be part of the process for our own transformation. I just pray I can be open to being the vessel of change God wants me to be, as well as be sensitive to the change he is doing in me.

I also pray I don't forget something important when I pack this week.

No comments: